The Media Center is located on the 3rd floor of the shared facility (main building). We serve students in grades 6‑12, and manage the Media and Audio Visual Department, the Curriculum Library, and the Textbook and Processing Centers.
The Media Center is open from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm on school days. Parents are always welcome! Students may use the Media Center, including the computer lab, before and after school and during breaks.
Goals of the Media Center
- To meet the research and study needs of our students and faculty in support of the Brent Curriculum.
- To provide a quiet and comfortable place to study and work on academic pursuits.
- To prepare students for transition to the type of library environment and tools they will likely encounter at the next level.
We frequently talk about:
- Respect for self:
- Your actions should bring credit and honor on yourself and your family.
- Respect for others:
- Your actions should help foster an environment where others may pursue their studies in a productive manner.
- Respect for Brent:
- Honor the materials, the equipment, and the employees who are here to help and encourage your academic success.
- Students must use their valid Brent Identity Card to check out library materials, as well as access the printers and copy machines.
- All items in the circulating collection are checked out for a period of two weeks. Any item needed beyond its due date may be brought to the desk for 1 renewal. Special arrangements can be made for students involved in writing their IB Extended Essays.
- Students receive reminders of the materials they have checked out.
- Grade 6‑12 students and other library users are currently assessed ₱2/day fine for past due materials.
- Any item 6 weeks past due will be charged to the user at the replacement cost as a lost or damaged item.
- Photocopies (black and white) are charged at ₱2 per copy.
- Computer print‑outs are charged at ₱2 per page for black and white, and ₱5 per page for color.
- Study rooms are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Cell phones are to be turned off.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the library.
- The Library has wireless Internet connection. Students and visitors are welcome to use their laptops.