ELC Library is located at the 2nd floor of the ELC Building. The ELC Library has more than 12,000 titles of books and audio visual materials of varied genres. The library is open from Mondays to Fridays 7:30am to 4:30pm.
Each Homeroom class from Nursery to Grade 2 meets once a week for Library Class. It is a time where library skills are taught and for students to check out books. During library classes, the library is reserved for that class at that time. Parents are welcome at other times and may check out 10 books at a time, for a duration of two weeks.
Common Practices in the ELC Library
We frequently talk about:
- Respect yourself and others.
- Respect the library and its materials.
- Respect Brent.
Main Goal of the ELC Library:
Teach students a lifelong love of reading.
ELC Library Reminders:
- Students must use their valid Brent Identity Card to check out library materials. For parents, they would need to present their Parents ID to borrow from the library. If a parent has no ID or account, one needs to fill-out a form at the ELC Library or email the firstname.lastname@example.org to request for one.
- Students come to the Library each week for library class and to borrow books. Students may also come to the library after dismissal to borrow and read their books while waiting to be picked up.
- All items in the circulating collections are checked out for one (1) week. Any library item that is still needed beyond its due date may be brought to the circulation desk for up to two (2) renewal cycles. Library items may also be renewed online by the borrower using their Destiny Discover Account or by emailing email@example.com.
- In addition to checking out books of their choice, students will at times be guided to a specific book choice by the Librarian and/or classroom teacher. This often occurs when a book particularly matches an area of learning covered in class, or if exposure to a reading level or genre is encouraged.
- Homeroom Teachers are given a list of library items not returned by their students on a weekly basis, while the students are given a reminder slip for unreturned books. This reminder may also be sent to parents via email.
- Any lost or damaged items should be immediately reported immediatelty to the ELC Library. Charges for lost or damaged items will be coursed through the students ID account via the POS system.
- Any items or library materials that were deemed lost but are found, and have already been charged to the student’s ID account, can still be returned to the ELC Library for refund.
- Parents may come and visit the library to borrow and return books from Mondays to Fridays, however are requested to enter only if there is no class or when the library class is over.
- ELC students are not charged any fines for overdue materials.
- Students, parents, staff and faculty are allowed to check out a given number of books; refer to the “Borrowing of Materials/Loan Periods” link.