Dear Brent Families,
The school year is well underway, and I want to let the community know that our teachers are continuing to work on refining the quality of our online program while also planning for the future. In addition to the course work, clubs, plays and Christmas shows already in the works, I have enjoyed seeing your children in our chapel assemblies.
The delta variant may have set back the timeline for when we return in person, but as vaccine availability increases, we look to the future with the hopeful anticipation of seeing our students face-to-face. Keeping children safe once in-person classes resume will be a multilayered approach.
- Our own employees are now about 73% vaccinated, and we hope to be 90-100% in October.
- In addition to vaccinating employees, our air filtration and circulation system has been updated to limit the spread of the virus.
- Another layer of protection is provided by our clinic. Our doctors and nursing staff monitor employee health as well as regional hot spots.
- We also have isolation and testing facilities to manage those with symptoms or exposure.
- Regular sanitation by our janitorial staff provides protection as does social distancing measures and masks.
- Of course personal hygiene practices also contribute to the safety of the whole community.
Once government mandates allow a return to campus, there will be other safety measures to be determined based on the current context. Transportation guidelines and classroom capacity among other issues will be further assessed, but rest assured at the moment we have already established a wide variety of safety nets in anticipation of our students’ return, and we will continue to review and adjust as circumstances require.
In the meantime, our focus is on delivering a quality online program that will prepare our students for the future academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. Take care and God bless you all.