Please watch the video or view the slides highlighting our preparations.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is constantly evolving, the specific safety measures implemented will depend on the situation when we return to in-person classes. Brent Schools will continue to abide by recommendations of the Department of Health, the Department of Labor, the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and our local Binan City Health office.
Brent has always had a fully staffed and well-equipped clinic as well as two ambulances at the ready for daily school safety. The following safety precautions have been added in light of the pandemic and will be adjusted as needed:
- Merv-13 filters capable of removing viruses from the circulating air have been installed.
- Fan Cool Units have been adjusted for additional air circulation.
- Humidity controls have been adjusted.
- Screens have been added to windows for even more air circulation.
- Isolation rooms have been built.
- A testing center has been established for testing employees when needed.
- Acrylic barriers have been erected in offices with high traffic.
- Portable sinks for hand-washing are in place.
- Daily Health Assessment forms are required to be filled out by employees.
- Face masks and face shields are required for entry.
- Temperature checks are required on entry: Those with temperatures = / > 37.5 will be isolated and rechecked after 5 minutes. Individuals with a high temperature will not be permitted on campus.
- Social distancing guide markings for lines and seating, as well as directional and advisory signs, are located in frequently used areas.
- Disinfectant doormats are at various entry points.
- Frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, and handrails are disinfected twice a day.
- Sanitation stations are maintained throughout campus.
- Observing proper respiratory etiquette is encouraged:
- Coughing and sneezing into a tissue or into a shirt sleeve if a tissue is not available
- Disposing of used tissues properly
- Disinfecting hands immediately by properly washing with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer immediately after a cough or sneeze
- Self quarantine: Families and students traveling into the country, or otherwise potentially exposed to COVID-19, are requested to self-quarantine for 14 days prior to coming to school.
- Brent is also working to acquire vaccines for all of our employees.
The handling of some issues such as classroom density, food services, locker rooms and busing will depend on specific guidelines once the government allows in person classes to resume. There are a variety of solutions to these issues, and Brent will adapt as needed.