Brent International School Manila is primarily a college‑preparatory institution. Only students who intend to seek admission to a college or university will be accepted. Students with exceptionalities will be admitted based upon the school’s ability to meet their educational needs. Applicants are admitted and retained on the basis of their ability to meet the academic, moral, and behavioral standards of the school.
The Admissions Committee makes decisions in the best interest of the applicant, as well as in the interest of the specific grade level.
The right is reserved to refuse admission to any applicant who does not meet the admissions requirements. The right is also reserved to determine the placement of an accepted applicant in the grade level or subjects deemed most appropriate for the student’s success.
The Admissions Committee evaluates the following when considering an applicant for admission:
- Entrance test results.
- Academic records from a current or most recent school.
- Evaluations from a current or most recent school.
- English language proficiency. English as a Second Language (ESL) support is only available in grades 1‑8. Applicants requiring ESL support in grades 9‑12 will not be accepted.
- Presence of any learning differences, special needs, or giftedness.
- Interview with the applicant and parent/s
In accordance with its commitment to being a family school, special consideration is given to qualified siblings of currently enrolled students. Despite this consideration there is, however, no guarantee of admission.
Entrance tests and interviews are scheduled individually throughout the year by appointment. The entrance tests are usually done in the mornings, Monday through Friday, and only when the complete application packet has been submitted.
The entrance tests are administered to all applicants in Kindergarten and above, including former Brent students returning after one or more years of absence from Brent.
Admission Decision Possibilities
- An applicant is approved for admission and the family pays the U.S. $600 non‑refundable Slot Reservation Deposit and signs the Admission Agreement form within three working days from the family’s receipt of the written notice of acceptance.
- Wait pool
- An applicant meets all admissions requirements and is approved for admission, but space is not available in the grade level or program. The family may choose to pay a refundable U.S. $500 to be placed on the wait pool. The applicant will be notified as soon as space becomes available. Brent International School Manila offers no guarantee that a space will open. The name of the applicant will remain on the wait pool (only for the academic year accepted for) until a space opens or the application is withdrawn. It is advised to seek enrollment at another school to ensure the student is receiving an education while waiting for a slot to become available.
- An applicant is not approved for admission. The Admissions Committee is not able to predict success for the applicant at Brent International School Manila, either academically or behaviorally. A mandatory six‑month waiting period is required before a second application. The Admissions Office will keep the original application materials, and there is no need to pay the application fee if admission is sought within one year of the initial application. New academic records, confidential evaluation forms, and entrance tests are usually required for the second application.
Grade 11 and 12 Applicants (IB)
IB is an internationally recognized and externally examined diploma program. It consists of two‑year courses spread over grades 11 and 12. As a result, it is rare to accept a new student into grade 12. If a course schedule can be made guaranteeing the student will meet graduation requirements, then an acceptance can be offered.
Students are required to live with at least one parent while enrolled at Brent. This policy is enforced beginning on the date an applicant is scheduled for entrance tests and interviews.