Vol. XX • Issue 38 • May 31, 2018
- UPPER SCHOOL ORIENTATION 2018
- SCHOOL SHOES REMINDER FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
- IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE START OF 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
- NEWS FROM THE ACTIVITIES OFFICE
- COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCES FOR BATCH OF 2018
- IB CALENDAR OF DEADLINES
- SAT TEST DATES
UPPER SCHOOL ORIENTATION 2018
SCHOOL SHOES REMINDER FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
Our faculty has noticed that a number of Upper School students have been wearing inappropriate shoes to school, not in line with the intent or spirit of the school dress code. As explained in the Student-Parent Handbook: Girls’ shoes should be flats or leather-type dress shoes. As for boys, shoes are to be dress shoes or loafer style, with or without shoelaces.
Please note as your prepare your child for next school year, that his or her school outfit includes black or brown leather or ‘leather-like’ shoes. These must be of one solid color with no logo or ornamentation. Students should not wear athletic shoes of any kind, including sneakers or canvas-material shoes, to school.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE START OF 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
Below are some important dates at the start of next school year. Please also refer to the Upper School Calendar http://www.brent.edu.ph/Academics/upper.school/calendar/
- New Student Orientation: Monday, August 6 @ 10:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. in the Theater.
- IB Orientation for gr. 11 & 12 students and parents: Monday, August 6 @ 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Theater.
- First Day of Classes – Tuesday, August 7.
- Freshman Parent Orientation: Wednesday, August 29 @ 1:45 p.m. in the Theatre.
- Upper School Open House – Wednesday, August 29 @ 2:45 p.m. in the Theatre.
NEWS FROM THE ACTIVITIES OFFICE
COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY ACCEPTANCES FOR BATCH OF 2018
IB CALENDAR OF DEADLINES
All deadlines for the various IB projects, orals, research papers, EE, etc. are noted below. Parents please help our students stay organized with their IB assignments and due dates throughout the upcoming year.
SAT TEST DATES
Register early since usually the slots are full a few weeks before the deadline to register.