The Lower School Library can be found at S-203 in the main building, serving grades 3-5. The Library is open 7:30 am to 4:30 pm on school days, and students may use them before and after school and during recesses. Parents are always welcome!
Common Practices in the LS Library
We frequently talk about:
- Respect yourself and others.
- Respect the library and its materials.
- Respect Brent.
- Students must use their valid Brent Identity Card to check out library materials.
- Students come to the Library each week.
- All items in the circulating collections are checked out for one week. Any library item needed beyond its due date may be brought to the circulation desk for one (1) renewal.
- In addition to checking out books of their choice, students will sometimes be guided in a book choice by the Librarian and/or classroom teacher. This could occur in instances where a book particularly matches an area of learning covered in class, or if exposure to a reading level or genre is encouraged.
- Teachers are weekly given a list of library items not returned by their students, and students are given a reminder slip. Please help your child be responsible for returning library materials promptly.
- Any item 6 weeks past due will be charged to the student at the replacement cost as a lost or damaged item.
Lower School Library Reminders (Grades 3–5)
Main goals of the LS Library:
- Teach students a life–long love of reading.
- Teach students how to find appropriate materials to support their information needs.
The LS Library contains books, Audio Visual materials, and magazines for student circulation.
In addition to the items listed in the Common Practices section:
- Students may check out up to four books plus one Audio Visual item.
- Grades 3-5 students will be charged P2.00 a day for past due materials.