Vol. XX • Issue 34 • April 20, 2018
- Message From The Principal
- Reservation and Re-enrollment for SY 2018-2019
- Calendar of Activities
- News and Notes
Message From The Principal
Dear ELC & Lower School Parents,
Finally, it’s the 11thFestival of the Arts Week 2018next week! We have a variety of recitals and performances by our very own students that will simply ‘wow’ your hearts. On top of that, we have our Visual Arts exhibit, showcasing the work of our students across the grade levels by the VPA hallway at the big school and at the ELC. Everyone is welcome to join us in every one of the events!
|Event||Date and Time||Venue||Lower School
|Ribbon-cutting of |
|April 23, 9:30 a.m.||Atrium|
|Orchestra Recital||April 23, 5PM||Atrium||Grade 5 String Class|
|Spring Band Concert||April 24, 5PM||Gym 1|
|Recorder Recital||April 25, 9:30 a.m.||Media Center||Grade 4 Classes
Grade 5 Music Class
|Choir Recital||April 25, 5PM||Atrium|
|G5 Band Recital||April 26, 1:30 p.m.||Band Room||Grade 5 Band Class|
|Solo & Ensemble Recital||April 26, 3PM||Atrium||Selected Students|
|Contemporary & Annual Dance Recital||April 27, 4PM||Atrium||Various Dance Club Members|
The second grade class is having their Grade 2 Lemonade Extravaganzaon Wednesday, April 25, at the Atrium, from 8:30 a.m., as a culmination of their economics unit in Social Studies. Other than different kinds of lemonade, our young entrepreneurs will also be selling some snack treats with the refreshing drinks. Kindly send money with your child to support this project.
After-school Clubs and Activitiesfor Grades 1 to 5 will be ending on Thursday this coming week. We ask you to start preparing for the earlier going home time of your children starting the week of April 30. All bus riders are expected to be riding the first bus.
We will soon be having our LS Track and Field Meeton Saturday, May 5. This is open to Grades 3 to 5 students. Practice runs and training will be held after school from April 30-May 3. Information on this will be sent out next week through the LS students. Do encourage your children to join.
Reservation and Re-enrollment for SY 2018-2019
Have you reserved a slot, or withdrawn, for the 2018-2019 school year? If so, thank you! If not, the deadline was Friday, April 20. Refer to the Reservation and Re-Enrollment Form for details of how to proceed, and handle this immediately.
A 100% refund of the Reservation Fee is available until June 15, 2018. If today you are unsure of your plans for 2018-2019, pay the fee to reserve a slot and then contact Brent’s Accounting Office for a refund at a later date if you decide to move.
Brent’s Cashier has extra forms, and it can be printed from Brent’s website: http://brent.edu.ph/wpcontent/uploads/2018/04/reservation-re-enrollment-sy2018-2019.pdf
Calendar of Activities
News and Notes
• Books, Bags, and Belongings – All unattended bags will be collected by our Security Personnel and taken to the Security Office. Students will personally have to show their Brent School I.D. to retrieve their bag. It is highly recommended, therefore, that student names be placed on all bags for easy identification.
All students in Grades 6 to 10 have two private lockers in which to leave their belongings – their book locker and their P.E. locker. Students in Grades 11 and 12 may get a second locker – in the Gym 1 or P.E. locker rooms, or in the S210 hallway – to store any additional athletic gear or other items. Lower School students going to swimming or another athletic activity after school may check their bags with the Security Guard in the P.E. Offices hallway.
All bags left unattended between classes and after school in places like the atrium, the cafeteria, the Activities Office, the Media Center, inside or outside of the gyms, the tables by the swimming pool, and in the P.E. Offices hallway will be collected and taken to the Security Office.
• Attendance is checked at the beginning of each day. If you know that your child will not be in school, please call the ELC (Verna) at (049) 513-4330 to 33 or (02) 779-5140 to 46 ext. 711 or Lower School (Abby) at ext. 111 by 9:00 A.M. We view absences as “explained” or “unexplained,” so please send in a note/excuse letter ahead of time for planned student absences, going out of town, etc., for consideration/approval.
Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. Mondays to Fridays except Thursdays at 8:40 a.m. are considered tardy and should not be permitted in to class without a pass from the ELC/Lower School Office. Exceptions are made for late buses and heavy traffic days (accidents/out of the ordinary) on the south super highway, etc.
Please note that five or more tardiness per semester will eliminate a student for consideration of the Annual Perfect Attendance Award.
• Student Pass – If your children are leaving early, before the end of the school day, a parent/guardian must come by the school office to sign them out and secure a student pass. Also any changes to your child’s dismissal pattern (going home with a friend, car instead of bus, etc.) must be submitted in writing (with parent signature) at least one day prior to the change. The homeroom teacher and bus coordinator (if they ride) need to be informed. This is for children’s safety and security. We appreciate your assistance in knowing their whereabouts during dismissal and mode of transport home.
• Brent International School requires all parents/visitors to sign in and get a visitor’s ID card. Permanent ID cards are available for all parents through the Security Office in the Administration building. When displaying a permanent ID card, parents are no longer required to get a visitor ID card each visit.
• For Bus Services/Concerns you can contact the Transportation Office at (049) 513-4354 or Trunk Line (049) 513-4330 to 33 or (02) 779-5140 to 46 ext. 518. Any Transportation concerns after 4:30 pm, please call the following: Zusie 0918-912-4230 or Meng 0918-913-2756.
• Cellular Phones, Electronics, and Other Valuables. Parents and guardians are requested to help make sure that students do not bring valuables to school such as cellular phones, electronic devices, large amount of cash, and expensive jewelry. When the children are swimming or involved in sports, remember that all jewelry and watches are removed for safety purposes. Students are not allowed to wear valuables on sporting/P.E. days. These items are very difficult to find once they have gone missing and there is no need for them in the ELC and Lower School.
• Temporary Change in Contact Information. For general information as well as security, medical and legal reasons, we ask for your support in completing our Temporary Contact Information form if travels require you temporarily leave a student in the care of another individual. Copies of the form are currently available in each of the school offices and can be downloaded from our website. We ask that you please submit the completed form to your child’s school office before your travels take place.
• Birthday parties of any type are not allowed in classrooms/cafeteria. Birthday parties of any type are not allowed in classrooms nor in the Cafeteria. Parties that are acceptable throughout the year and in general include Christmas and end of the school year parties only.
If a student wishes to distribute invitations for a private party they must be given to all students in the class or to none at all. If they wish to only invite select students/part of the class the invitations must be distributed in another manner or mailed to the invitees. Addresses and phone numbers of students in a particular homeroom class may be obtained by the student recording them from classmates during recess time. Due to personal privacy the school is unable to release this information.