Vol. XX • Issue 16 • November 17, 2017
- Message From The Principal
- Change of Show Dates for ELC Christmas Production
- Active Learning Fair
- Middle School Coffee Talk
- Calendar of Activities
- News and Notes
Message From The Principal
Dear ELC & Lower School Parents,
It was a sunny, glorious afternoon this Wednesday afternoon for the Disney Dash Fun Run! Our Lower School students helped raise about Php 200,000 for the Biñan Christmas Charity. More so, students who took on the track have made a total of 350 laps. Please help your children collect their pledges and turn them in if you have not been able to do so yet. Your generosity for this school-wide effort is deeply appreciated by the whole community.
We are now completely gearing up for the Christmas Productions. Tickets for both the LS and ELC shows are available at the Cashier for Php100 each. Dates for the ELC Christmas Production has been adjusted. For your reference, here are the dates for the two parent shows for each presentation:
|Show||Day & Date||Time|
|LS Christmas Production:|
“Wrapping All the Way”
|Wednesday, November 29|
Friday, December 1
|ELC Christmas Production:|
“A Star is Born”
|Wednesday, December 6|
Thursday, December 7
The end of November signifies not only the coming of the Christmas season for our students but also the end of Clubs. The last day for after school clubs is on Thursday, November 23. Please start arranging for an earlier release of your children by the week next if they are in clubs.
Come December, do mark your calendars for the annual Active Learning Fair! Scheduled on December 4-8, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., vendors will be setting up booths at the Atrium featuring books, toys and more. It’s a perfect time to do your Christmas shopping!
Calling all Grade 5 parents! Mr. Andy O’Hara, our Middle School Principal, is giving a Coffee Talk this coming Tuesday morning, November 21, and you are cordially invited. He will be sharing about some new initiatives in Middle School affecting the 6th grade class.
Finally as announced last week, we are hosting APAC Dance this week, participated by six schools, including Brent. The students will be having their culminating performance tomorrow, November 18 (Saturday), at 5PM in the Brent Theater. It is free and open to all so please come and join us!
Change of Show Dates for ELC Christmas Production
Dear ELC Parents,
As the 8th of December may be declared a special non-working holiday under House Bill No. 5241, in honor of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, we will be adjusting the show schedule for the ELC Christmas Production, A Star is Born.
The revised parent show dates are as follows:
• December 6, Wednesday at 9AM
• December 7, Thursday at 10 AM
To those of you who have purchased tickets for the December 8 (Friday) show, you have the following options:
– If you wish to watch the December 6 (Wednesday) show, you may use those tickets.
– If you prefer to see the December 7 (Thursday) show instead, please bring your tickets back to the Cashier and have them replaced.
Whole group rehearsals are underway and the children are looking great! It’s going to be another wonderful Christmas presentation for ELC!
Lower School Principal
Active Learning Fair
Middle School Coffee Talk
Calendar of Activities
News and Notes
• Books, Bags, and Belongings – All unattended bags will be collected by our Security Personnel and taken to the Security Office. Students will personally have to show their Brent School I.D. to retrieve their bag. It is highly recommended, therefore, that student names be placed on all bags for easy identification.
All students in Grades 6 to 10 have two private lockers in which to leave their belongings – their book locker and their P.E. locker. Students in Grades 11 and 12 may get a second locker – in the Gym 1 or P.E. locker rooms, or in the S210 hallway – to store any additional athletic gear or other items. Lower School students going to swimming or another athletic activity after school may check their bags with the Security Guard in the P.E. Offices hallway.
All bags left unattended between classes and after school in places like the atrium, the cafeteria, the Activities Office, the Media Center, inside or outside of the gyms, the tables by the swimming pool, and in the P.E. Offices hallway will be collected and taken to the Security Office.
• Attendance is checked at the beginning of each day. If you know that your child will not be in school, please call the ELC (Verna) at (049) 511-4330 to 33 or (02) 779-5140 to 46 ext. 711 or Lower School (Abby) at ext. 111 by 9:00 A.M. We view absences as “explained” or “unexplained,” so please send in a note/excuse letter ahead of time for planned student absences, going out of town, etc., for consideration/approval.
Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. Mondays to Fridays except Thursdays at 8:40 a.m. are considered tardy and should not be permitted in to class without a pass from the ELC/Lower School Office. Exceptions are made for late buses and heavy traffic days (accidents/out of the ordinary) on the south super highway, etc.
Please note that five or more tardiness per semester will eliminate a student for consideration of the Annual Perfect Attendance Award.
• Student Pass – If your children are leaving early, before the end of the school day, a parent/guardian must come by the school office to sign them out and secure a student pass. Also any changes to your child’s dismissal pattern (going home with a friend, car instead of bus, etc.) must be submitted in writing (with parent signature) at least one day prior to the change. The homeroom teacher and bus coordinator (if they ride) need to be informed. This is for children’s safety and security. We appreciate your assistance in knowing their whereabouts during dismissal and mode of transport home.
• Brent International School requires all parents/visitors to sign in and get a visitor’s ID card. Permanent ID cards are available for all parents through the Security Office in the Administration building. When displaying a permanent ID card, parents are no longer required to get a visitor ID card each visit.
• For Bus Services/Concerns you can contact the Transportation Office at (049) 511-4354 or Trunk Line (049) 511-4330 to 33 or (02) 779-5140 to 46 ext. 518. Any Transportation concerns after 4:30 pm, please call the following: Zusie 0918-912-4230 or Meng 0918-913-2756.
• Cellular Phones, Electronics, and Other Valuables. Parents and guardians are requested to help make sure that students do not bring valuables to school such as cellular phones, electronic devices, large amount of cash, and expensive jewelry. When the children are swimming or involved in sports, remember that all jewelry and watches are removed for safety purposes. Students are not allowed to wear valuables on sporting/P.E. days. These items are very difficult to find once they have gone missing and there is no need for them in the ELC and Lower School.
• Temporary Change in Contact Information. For general information as well as security, medical and legal reasons, we ask for your support in completing our Temporary Contact Information form if travels require you temporarily leave a student in the care of another individual. Copies of the form are currently available in each of the school offices and can be downloaded from our website. We ask that you please submit the completed form to your child’s school office before your travels take place.
• Birthday parties of any type are not allowed in classrooms/cafeteria. Birthday parties of any type are not allowed in classrooms nor in the Cafeteria. Parties that are acceptable throughout the year and in general include Christmas and end of the school year parties only.
If a student wishes to distribute invitations for a private party they must be given to all students in the class or to none at all. If they wish to only invite select students/part of the class the invitations must be distributed in another manner or mailed to the invitees. Addresses and phone numbers of students in a particular homeroom class may be obtained by the student recording them from classmates during recess time. Due to personal privacy the school is unable to release this information.